April 13th, 2021 – Vancouver, BC
RoomKeyPMS announces the release of an automated guest check-out to streamline the check-out process on mobile devices. Guests will be able to automatically settle their bill, process the credit card payment and complete the PMS check-out for the hotel.
This functionality will allow for:
- Automate Room Release and Inventory Update – Once the guest completes the mobile check-out process the room is released and switched back into a dirty status where housekeeping and inventory are updated in real-time.
- Quick and Easy Guest Monitoring of Mobile Check-Out – Visual indicators and guest messages are available in the PMS for hotel staff to easily monitor which guests have checked-out and any outstanding tasks.
- Collect and Process Mobile Payment at Check-Out – Guests will have the option to securely enter a new credit card or use payment mechanisms already available in the PMS collected at the time of reservation, on an EMV device, or during their stay.
- Collect Digital Signature at Mobile Check-Out – Completes the paperless process with customers to ensure they are agreeing to the final bill and transaction while ensuring this information is securely stored and available to the hotel.
- Guests Automatically receive their Bill after Mobile Check-Out – Guests will automatically receive a PDF copy of their paid bill to ensure they are aware of the final transaction details.
These enhancements build on the already existing features released in RoomKeyPMS’s Mobile. The features re-enforce the needs we are hearing from our hoteliers to:
- Increase automation to offset lower staffing levels
- Ensure paperless tools to combat credit card charge-backs
- Free up staff time to focus on other guest related activities
- Provide new and efficient check-out methods requested by guests
- Ensure seamless technology that does not lag or break due to data issues related to 3rd party integrations
“As vaccinations increase and travel follows, we are working to release automation tools that save hotel staff time and allow the attention to shift from administrative activities to high-value guest interactions. Our focus is on not only creating self-serve mobile and in-lobby features but the monitoring tools that allow staff to view and engage guests where needed in their stay journey. Our mobile guest features combined with payment processing allows us to uniquely release features tied deeply into the PMS in ways 3rd party mobile check-in and check-out solutions can’t.” said Tim Major, RoomKeyPMS Executive Vice President.
Get ID Verification, Contactless Payment, Mobile Check-In, Mobile Check-Out and Digital Signature Feature Alerts
To get alerts as to the immediate availability of RoomKeyPMS Mobile please visit and opt-in to our newsletter at: https://roomkeypms.com/products/mobile/
To learn more about RoomKeyPMS Payments, visit our website at https://roomkeypms.com/products/payments/
RoomKeyPMS provides a property management system (PMS) that gives independent hotels an advantage by making it easier and more affordable to provide the best guest experiences, increase revenue and reduce costs. With over 70,000 managed rooms across the US and Canada, RoomKeyPMS has proven themselves as a trusted hotel industry partner for almost 20 years. In addition to delivering a reliable, well-connected PMS, RoomKeyPMS pride themselves on superior customer service—their locally-based support team is made up of former hoteliers with a 92% satisfaction rating. For more information, please see our website at www.roomkeypms.com.