FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 22, 2020 – Vancouver, BC
RoomKeyPMS is proud to celebrate its milestone 20th anniversary, marking two decades of leadership in hotel property management software.
Since its software inception in 2000, RoomKeyPMS has built a cloud-based property management system that offers a complete suite of services, such as front office and property management, an online booking engine, housekeeping management, guest relationship management, rate shopping, and more.
RoomKeyPMS is also now processing millions of transactions through its recently released payment processing solution, which was engineered specifically for hotels. RoomKeyPMS Payments is a cost-effective solution for any hoteliers looking to take the complexity out of payment processing, speed up reconciliations or increase payment security and compliance, all integrated within the RoomKeyPMS platform.
On top of launching RoomKeyPMS Payments, there were a number of other enhancements and integrations that RoomKeyPMS successfully rolled out in the past year, including:
- Revenue Management Systems (RMS) Integrations – As part of its enterprise level feature set, they added a complete 2-way integration of the iDeaS Revenue Management System that allows for their utilization of hurdle rates and overbooking.
- Content Management System (CRM) Integrations – To add to and round-out RoomKeyPMS’ suite of CRM solutions for hotels of all sizes, they continued to enhance the feature set of TravelclickGMS to add to the list of CRMs including Guestfolio and Cendyn.
- Payment Processing Solutions – RoomKeyPMS Payments was released but also continues to evolve with the introduction of an embedded reconciliation report that allows hotels to see processor and PMS information in one place. 2019 also saw the introduction of additional security features that ensure a hotel’s PCI scope and exposure continues to decrease, for example adding support for end-to-end credit card tokenization on Windsurfer CRS.
- Platform Technology Enhancements – RoomKeyPMS released the newest version of its platform that allows for robust performance, enhanced report viewing and creates a foundation for the new look and feel and workflow enhancements coming in 2020.
- Security Compliance – RoomKeyPMS continued to ensure they are meeting the highest standards of security releasing GDPR compliance and PCI 3.2.1 DSS for 2019.
- Setting Overbooking Limits Tool – It’s common knowledge that hotels have to deal with no-shows and cancellations, and RoomKeyPMS recognizes that these hotels need more tools to move towards 100% occupancy. Thus, it continues to invest in these items for all RMS integrations.
- Wireless Locking Solutions – RoomKeyPMS added Visionline Keycard Integration to its list of keycard systems to support the continued drive for wireless solutions.
- API Additions – To ensure the interoperability of its software with other systems, RoomKeyPMS continued to add data sets including support for City Ledger Aged Balance Reporting and others.
These are in addition to the other 100+ third-party vendors that RoomKeyPMS currently interfaces and integrates with, giving hoteliers the complete ability to manage costs, increase revenues, and save time, by connecting all of the systems and software used within their hotel.
Reflecting on the milestone anniversary, Tim, RoomKeyPMS Executive Vice President and General Manager, comments: “Our culture of serving hotels started 20 years ago and has only gotten stronger as we grow our team throughout North America. The 20th year marks two important milestones for the company, as it speaks not only to the success of our expert team of hoteliers serving independent hotels for 20 years, but also the reliability of our cloud-based PMS platform to continue to evolve and address the needs of hotels in interesting technology times.”
Much of RoomKeyPMS’ success over the past twenty years can be credited to the superior customer service offered by their locally-based support team, made up of former hoteliers and hospitality experts. In the past year, RoomKeyPMS added four new support members to the team, with their expertise ranging from large chain and luxury brand hotels to first-hand knowledge of large system integration projects.
Of his company’s stellar support team, Tim further comments, “Personally, this is my 9th year with RoomKeyPMS and I have never been prouder of the group of people I get the pleasure of working with every day. I have also never been more excited about the future as we begin to shift gears to address the challenges and opportunities of technology to simplify the landscape for hotels”
In the coming year, RoomKeyPMS expects continued growth and success with the launch of its newest platform. Following the rollout of RoomKeyPMS v9 last year, which included significant updates to RoomKeyPMS’ development libraries for compatibility and compliance with industry, OS, and security requirements, RoomKeyPMS will offer a new and improved look and feel that will allow for continued improvements in the user interface that will save hotels time and improve their guest experience.
RoomKeyPMS provides a property management system (PMS) that gives independent hotels an advantage by making it easier and more affordable to provide the best guest experiences, increase revenue and reduce costs. With over 70,000 managed rooms across the US and Canada, RoomKeyPMS has proven themselves as a trusted hotel industry partner for almost 20 years. In addition to delivering a reliable, well-connected PMS, RoomKeyPMS pride themselves on superior customer service—their locally-based support team is made up of former hoteliers with a 92% satisfaction rating. For more information, please see our website at www.roomkeypms.com