TripAdvisor remains to be one of the most popular and largest travel sites in the industry, and is continuing to gain momentum. Every hotelier wants to know how to use this platform to attract more guests to your property. Here’s a little more about TripAdvisor:
- More than 190 million reviews and opinions from travelers around the world
- More than 4.4 million businesses and properties in 145,000+ destinations, including:
- 890,000+ hotels, B&Bs, and specialty lodging
- Nearly 650,000+ vacation rentals
- 2.4 million restaurants
- 480,000+ attractions
- More than 26 million candid traveler photos.
- More than 115 new contributions are posted every minute
- More than 70 million emailable members worldwide
- On average, nearly 2,600 new topics are posted every day to the TripAdvisor forums
Here are some tips to maximize your exposure to TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor remains a powerful engagement tool for guests to provide feedback to your property. Some Best Practices include:
- Ensure your property is actively responding to the comments left by your guests regardless if it’s positive or negative. Writing the response should remain professional and to the point and for a negative review invite the reviewer to take the issue offline.
- Use the feedback to implement better practices to enhance the stays of future guests.
- It remains important and valuable to write a response to reviews. After all, the guest did take the time to share their experiences.
Guests like to see a proactive property that is actively monitoring the feedback on TripAdvisor, because it shows that they care. For the five to ten minutes a day to respond to reviews, you will positively enhance your properties image.
TripConnect, another TripAdvisor product could be a powerful tool to include in your mix. Currently, when your property is displayed on TripAdvisor, the OTA’s to bid on a pay-per click model for placement on your listing, driving traffic away from TripAdvisor and onto the OTA’s. Due to the sheer numbers of visitors that TripAdvisor has each year, they created TripConnect to attempt to capture these clicks directly. TripConnect works for any property that have a business listing with TripAdvisor and have a full website with their own booking engine. TripConnect allows your own site to be included in the listings with the OTA and driving more direct bookings, instead of paying the OTA’s 15-30% in commissions.
In today’s digital world, it is imperative for property to start thinking about their online image and monitoring it more closely. The photos you choose to display, the order in which they appear, and the overall quality of the photo should all be considered before posting. You have the ability to paint a picture (no pun intended!) for the guest, helping them choose the right property. TripAdvisor allows you the option to add photos to your page to assist in attracting the right guest at the right time.
There you go, three easy tips on ways to make the most of your TripAdvisor listing!