About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Customer Experience, the Trainer & Implementation Specialist will assist our new and current clients with onboarding RoomKeyPMS software and additional product offerings. This person works directly with our Interface and Customer Support teams to ensure successful implementations for all our clients. This is a remote work from home position.
- Consult with customers to determine and review software, or system functional specifications and obtain initial customer signoffs prior to system installation.
- Consult with Director of Customer Experience regarding operational considerations and configuration of systems to support customer requirements. Make recommendations to utilize full advantages of RoomKeyPMS product line while maximizing operational efficiencies.
- Identify and manage project scope. Ensure that project documentation is sufficient and clear and concise to ensure that all parties are aware of required project tasks and milestones. Work with Director of Customer Experience to manage project risks and establish effective communication plan for escalation process; provide solutions for issues resulting in project scope change.
- Configure and test system configuration to maximize efficiency and provide operational consistency.
- Work with Interface Implementation Specialist, Customer Support, and Development Teams to ensure all applicable interfaces and integration components are scheduled and tested.
- Prepare training materials and conduct training sessions. Conduct End-User staff and/or management training which includes staging and set up of RoomKeyPMS and other software, to ensure a smooth installation process and minimize post-installation support requirements.
- Provide support coverage for customers on and after the system live date as budgeted and required by the customer to ensure a smooth transition to their new system and minimize post-installation support requirements.
- Address customer issues list and obtain final customer signoffs to validate their satisfaction with the new system.
- Develop detailed project documentation upon completion of projects to ensure that the customer service team has all relevant information to handle support for clients going forward.
- Create and maintain both internal and external customer-facing knowledge documentation and videos.
- Assist Customer Support Team with troubleshooting and software support when necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- College diploma or bachelor’s degree.
- Background in POS and/or PMS vendor installation experience, systems training or support preferred. Fully proficient technically.
- Computer training, familiarity with cloud computing environments and standard applications.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience with hospitality system implementation OR hospitality operations OR degree or certification from a hospitality school.
- Good understanding of business operations and accounting practices.
- Knowledge of standard MS Office products.
- Great communication skills.
- Great work ethic; will go above and beyond to exceed client expectations.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and great team player.
- Must be able to work independently with a high degree of self-initiative.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changes in project priorities.
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Must be available to work between the hours of 6am and 5pm PST, Monday to Friday.
- Must have an excellent internet connection at home.
- Ability to travel to customer sites with limited advanced notice. – Domestic and international travel (eventually when we are safe to do so).
- Must reside within 1 hour of an international airport.
- Bilingual an asset
If you are interested in the position, please send your email to [email protected].