About The Position
The quality assurance tester is critical to ensuring that our web and client-based products meet the quality standards of our customers. This role will include working with development team to write unit-tests and to work in the agile process to test RoomKey’s property management system, reporting tools and new product extensions. The ideal candidate for this position needs to be technically-minded, positive, flexible, have an open-minded approach towards work assignments and possess excellent communication skills.
This role will report to the Development Manager in our Gastown office located in Vancouver, British Columbia (BC).
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Participate in review of requirements and designs to create and maintain testing plans
- Manually and using automated tools test all functionality of RoomKey’s products
- Assist in documentation of the functionality in support documents or release documents
- Use a bug defect solution to record, classify, and process issues
- Assist the resolution of support requests by reproducing problems, verify fixes, etc
- Help improve the systems and processes to increase QA efficiency and effectiveness
- Minimum 1 work term experience in a testing or automation role
- Must be organized, detailed-oriented, analytical, methodical, and patient
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Bonus: software development and/or scripting experience
- Bonus: familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Bonus: familiarity with test automation tools and process
We work hard in a nurturing environment using agile processes. The ideal candidate would be someone who is results- and team-oriented, proactive and multi-talented, and likes to learn and try new things. We love technical innovation and delivering compelling consumer experiences.
If you are interested in the position please send your email to:firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your resume to:
Attn: HR Department
402 – 134 Abbott St.
Vancouver BC V6B 2K4