RoomKeyPMS (RSI International Systems Inc.) is an established software company acknowledged by Business In Vancouver magazine as one of the 100 fastest-growing companies in BC in 2016. With over 1000 hotel customers, we provide property management solutions for the global hotel industry. RoomKeyPMS provides the technology and expertise that allows hotels to manage their guests from the moment their research starts through to checking out of the property.
About the Team
We’re a passionate product group that is striving for constant self-improvement in order to keep up with the fast pace of technology. We constantly look for ways to increase quality and make software development the highly enjoyable, productive process it should be.
About The Position
RoomKeyPMS is looking for a MS-SQL Database developer. As a Database Developer you will be closely working with an agile team of software engineers and quality assurance engineers to maintain, extend and optimize our existing SQL Databases.
The key responsibilities of a successful candidate will be to improve Database performance and reliability by optimizing existing queries and schema. The DB-DEV will own and sign-off on all database changes and develop and promote best practices around changes and new development. At other times the DB-DEV will develop and run custom queries for data-investigations as well as datamining.
Location: Vancouver, Canada
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases, investigate solutions and improve efficiency
- Design and deploy table schemata, stored procedures and functions
- Prepare and guide (data) migrations between systems as well as system updates
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases
- Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements
- Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Develop and implement “Best Database Practices” for the development team
- Review and sign-off on ongoing and new database development
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Investigate and solve data Issues
- +5 year’s experience working with (MS)SQL
- Experience Testing Stored Procedures (function) and Database Schema (infrastructure)
- Passion for working with large sets of Data
- Experience with testing / debugging Database logic an asset
If you are interested in the position please send your email to: [email protected] or mail your resume to:
Attn: HR Department
350 – 440 Cambie Street
Vancouver BC V6B 2N5