Reporting to the CIO, the Data Analyst will support the company’s systematic need for data insights for internal and external use.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Analyze hotel and guest data in order to identify customer and industry trends and answer key business questions
- Apply scientific techniques to data evaluation, performing statistical inference and data mining
- Create data stores from complex ideas, issues and data that are easily understood by varied audiences through a variety text based and data visualization techniques
- Work with the Product team to produce insights from large datasets to drive features and functionality within RoomKeyPMS
- Support the marketing/content delivery team in producing data driven analysis materials that improve hotel business practices (i.e. annual data report etc)
- Assist in the development of materials for the Client Services team that allows them to provide “Best Practices” based on data-driven results and analysis
- Build tools and processes to iteratively improve the quality and efficiency of deliverables
Candidates must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Proficiency in SQL, DBMS Languages, and Data Profiling is required
- Experience with tools such as R, Weka, Tableau, SPSS, or SAS
- Familiarity with common marketing KPIs, metrics, and growth experiments
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Able to present information in an action-oriented way to individuals, small groups, leadership, and peers
- 2+ years of work experience doing quantitative analysis, with a track record of positive business impact
- Degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields
- Experience in transactional data an asset
- Strong analytic skills and ability to synthesize meaningful insights from large datasets including identifying key trends in data and reconciling data across various sources
Work life balance:
- Standard work-day (9-5)
- 2 work from home days per month
- 1 personnel day per quarter
- Birthdays off
- Competitive benefits plan
- Annual incentives and corporate profit sharing
RoomKey is a 30 year startup with over 2000 hotels customers that provides property management solutions for the hotel industry. We provide the technology and expertise that allows hotels to manage their guests’ experience from discovery and investigation of the property, throughout their stay, check out and beyond. Our client base is primarily North America with key chains in countries from ranging from Thailand to the UK.
About the Team
We’re a group of passionate professionals who strive for constant self-improvement in order to keep up with the fast pace of technology. We constantly look for ways to go faster, increase quality and bring the experience of our product to a new level.
If you are interested in the position please send your email to:[email protected] or mail your resume to:
Attn: HR Department
402 – 134 Abbott St.
Vancouver BC V6B 2K4